In case you didn’t see it, the northern Indiana National Weather Service office emailed the following briefing to SKYWARN storm spotters late this morning:
- Widespread light rain Friday and Friday night with rainfall amounts generally 0.10-0.25 inches.
- Some snowmelt Friday-Friday night but hydro impacts are expected to be none to minimal through Saturday morning.
- Rain expected to increase from south to north Saturday afternoon to Saturday evening, and rain will become heavy late Saturday afternoon and especially Saturday night.
- Rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches possible Saturday through early Sunday morning, with localized heavier amounts possible, especially south of Route 24. Heavy rain combined with rapid snowmelt during this period will lead to heightened flooding risk.
- Confidence – Increasing confidence in heavy rain affecting portions of the forecast area, but still medium confidence on exactly where axis of heaviest rainfall sets up which will be refined in future updates/forecasts.